Date : Monday 8 November 2021
Time: 6.00pm (AEDT)
Venue: via zoom meeting
NOTICE OF ONLINE ZOOM ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – Monday 8 November, 2021, 6pm
Notice is hereby given that the 44th Annual General Meeting of the Newcastle Art Gallery Foundation will be held as follows:
Date: Monday 8 November, 2021,
Official venue: To uphold the Government’s physical distancing and other transmission reduction measures in response to coronavirus (COVID-19), NAGF will hold its AGM by video conference using the Zoom online platform on Monday 8 November 2021. Our Constitution (Clause 25) allows for technology to be used to hold an AGM, and all members using the technology are taken to be present in person at the meeting.
RSVP: If you are intending to attend the online AGM, please RSVP by email to the NAGF Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welcome and opening of meeting
- Minutes of the 2020 Annual General Meeting
- Business arising from 2020 Annual General Meeting minutes
- Chair’s Report
- Treasurer’s Financial Report.
- Appointment of Auditors. The Board of Directors recommends the appointment of Cutcher and Neale to act as auditors for the Foundation’s accounts and preparation of the necessary financial reports for a fee to be approved by the Board.
- General Business
- Election of Board of Directors
- a) 1 Governor/ Trustee
- b) 1 Fellow
- c) 1 General, and,
- d) Up to 5 Open Directors from any class of membership
- Confirmation and welcome to new Board of Directors
- Gallery Report (Lauretta Morton, Newcastle Art Gallery Director)
- Closing remarks by Chair
AGM Attendance & Participation
Members can attend the AGM and participate by asking questions by emailing our Secretary, Dawn Mullane, at email@example.com or posting your questions to us at PO Box 1239, Newcastle, 2300. These must be received no later than two days prior to the meeting.
An a Virtual Meeting Online Guide document is attached which provides more details about how the meeting will be conducted and how to use the Zoom online platform. This document can also be accessed via our website at www.nagfoundation.org.au
You will be able to test your web browser from 5.30 pm on the day of the AGM to ensure that you can see and hear proceedings.
Appointment of Proxy
In case of inability to attend, a proxy may be appointed for which a proxy form is attached. If you are appointing a proxy, please return the completed form to the Newcastle Art Gallery Foundation Secretary to arrive by close of business on Wednesday 3 November, 2021, either to our address below or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Attachments to this Notice
- If you are receiving this notice by email, copies of the 2021 NAGF Financial Reports are attached. For those members receiving notification by mail, copies of the Financial Report can be accessed on our website, nagfoundation.org.au or you can contact the NAGF Secretary, on 0438 761282 and request that copies of the Financial Reports be posted to you.
- Minutes of the 2020 AGM.
Director Nomination forms. Any member wishing to nominate as a director either as a Governor/Trustee, Fellow or General member or in the Open Director Category (open to any membership classification), should return one of these forms in writing, signed by the Governor/ Trustee, Fellow or General Member, his or her proposer and seconder, and must be lodged with the Secretary at least 14 days before the Annual General Meeting. Nominations are required by Monday 25 October 2021. These may be posted to our address below or scanned and emailed to email@example.com .
Nomination and Election Procedure
- a) Any Governor or Trustee Member is at liberty to nominate any other Governor or Trustee Member for election as the Governor/ Trustee Director.
- b) Any Fellow Member is at liberty to nominate any other Fellow Member for election as the Fellow Director.
- c) Any General Member is at liberty to nominate any other General Member for election as the General Director.
- d) Any Member of any category is at liberty to nominate any other Member for election as an Open Director.
Biographies of the existing Board can be viewed on our website http://www.nagfoundation.org.au/about-us
- A Virtual Meeting Online Guide
- Proxy Nomination form
Newcastle Art Gallery Foundation
PO Box 1239, Newcastle NSW 2300
Phone: 0438 761282